So I was supposed to do my workout today but it was 7.30pm when I realised I hadn’t done it.. of course I had to skip it cos the prep for stir fried beehoon was going to take a while. Idk why I suddenly decided to make this, I guess it’s cos GROCERIES ARRIVED TODAY and I had to use the chye sim that had been sitting around in the fridge. This is not as awesome as the vegetarian beehoon back home but it’ll suffice.
Vegetarian Beehoon (no quantities for this because I really just went with my gut)
beehoon/rice vermicelli for those who don’t know what beehoon is (enough for 3 people)
3 eggs, beaten (+1 if you like more fried egg)
shiitake mushrooms (i used dried ones)
chye sim (as much as you like)
220g minced pork (more if you prefer)
garlic/soy sauce (light + dark)/shaoxing wine (optional)/sesame oil/pepper
1. Soak the beehoon for 30 mins. Marinade the minced pork with some light soy, pepper and sesame oil. Soak the mushrooms. KEEP THE MUSHROOM WATER.
2. Meanwhile, slice the carrots into strips, cut the chye sim, beat the eggs! After mushrooms have softened, cut them into strips as well.
3. Heat some oil on the pan/wok, fry the egg. Then cut it into strips. Set aside.
4. Heat some oil, add garlic and pan fry a little. Add the carrots. Add some mushroom water so the carrots can cook faster. When they look like they are 50-70% done, add the minced pork.
5. When minced pork looks like it’s almost done, add the chye sim and mushrooms. Add the beehoon at the same time. pour in mushroom water (don’t pour all) if beehoon looks too dry. ADD SOY SAUCE (LIGHT + DARK) to beehoon. I generally add more light soy cos it gives it taste, dark soy gives it colour. Add Shaoxing wine if you like, make sure it evaporates! Mix, mix, mix!
6. TOP THE BEEHOON OFF WITH EGG. EAT! 😀